From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:03:38 GMT

On Apr 14, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Joe Williams wrote:

> Fair enough but even then our first impression may be our last. I would say our website
should send the right message, whatever that might be. In my mind it is that Couch is a robust,
durable datastore for real people and enterprises. At the end of the day Couch can be an "enterprise
solution", it is for the BBC, as well as something your grandma uses to store recipes.

> -Joe

I've said this before, so I don't want to be broken record, but I'm strongly in favor of a
more boring heading font (like Myriad or even Helvetica if we're sticking with web fonts)

I like the rest of the playfulness.

Chris

> On 4/14/10 12:03 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>> On 14 Apr 2010, at 19:59, Joe Williams wrote:
>>

>>> First, thanks for taking the time to work on a new site. Overall I think the
new design is pretty slick. I am not even remotely a designer so I don't have solutions to
my critiques but here are the couple of things that popped in my head. First are the fonts,
my initial thought was "Is that Comic Sans?!". :) My second thought (possibly related to the
first) was it looks a little toy-ish. My thought is that the CouchDB site should represent
the roubust, durable datastore that Couch is.