From Steve-Mustafa Ismail Mustafa <m.i.must...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB and Hadoop
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:16:11 GMT
I swear, I spent over an hour going through the mailing list trying to
find an answer.

I know that CouchDB is a document oriented DB and I know that Hadoop is
a File System and that both implement Map/Reduce.  But is it possible to
have them stacked with Hadoop being the FS in use and CouchDB being the
DB? This way, wouldn't you get the distributed/clustered FS abilities of
Hadoop in addition to the powerful retrieval abilities of CouchDB?

If its not possible, and I suspect that it is so, _why_? Don't they
operate on two seperate levels? Wouldn't CouchDB sort of replace HBase?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies