From Joe Williams <...@joetify.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:17:22 GMT

Fair enough but even then our first impression may be our last. I would
say our website should send the right message, whatever that might be.
In my mind it is that Couch is a robust, durable datastore for real
people and enterprises. At the end of the day Couch can be an
"enterprise solution", it is for the BBC, as well as something your
grandma uses to store recipes.

-Joe

On 4/14/10 12:03 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2010, at 19:59, Joe Williams wrote:
>

>> First, thanks for taking the time to work on a new site. Overall I think the new
design is pretty slick. I am not even remotely a designer so I don't have solutions to my
critiques but here are the couple of things that popped in my head. First are the fonts, my
initial thought was "Is that Comic Sans?!". :) My second thought (possibly related to the
first) was it looks a little toy-ish. My thought is that the CouchDB site should represent
the roubust, durable datastore that Couch is.

--
Name: Joseph A. Williams
Email: joe@joetify.com