From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:44:20 GMT

On 13 Apr 2010, at 12:12, James Fisher wrote:

> Compare it, for example, with the simple design at http://www.mongodb.org/ ,
> where many newbies (like me) to document-oriented DBs will be making an
> active comparison.

I dislike that look of that site strongly.

> "CouchDB is a new kind of database; it will change the
> way you work; come with me, and I will take you on a tour of its secrets."

To twee.

> I don't just want to criticize.  Perhaps I can help -- I have no experience
> with Erlang, and I'd be much better suited to PR in this case.  AFAICT the
> site is hand-written static HTML/CSS, so a redesign is not a massive
> undertaking.
>
> Opinions?

Get involved! The entire site is in Subversion, and patches are more than welcome. We've had
some previous design ideas suggested, and I rather liked them. Unfortunately, we've never
got around to doing anything with them. Maybe we could pick up from there, and see where it
goes?