From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject Re: Searching a schema-free-friendly PHP framework
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:52:04 GMT
Mickael,

Thanks for clearing this error. I took a peek in the Model parent class and it
indeed does not have any ties to a DB implementation. It just accepts
libraries to be loaded into it, so a CouchDB library would fit as well as the
shipped DB classes do.

Cheers,.

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 14:46:19 mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I'm familiar with the CodeIgniter PHP Framework and, without disrespect to
>  Markus, the model implementation is by NO WAY tied to an RDBM.
>
> If you look at the user guide (beautiful by the way)
>  http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/general/models.html :
>

> class Blogmodel extends Model {
>
>     var $title   = '';
>     var $content = '';
>     var $date    = '';
>
>     function Blogmodel()
>     {
>         // Call the Model constructor
>         parent::Model();
>     }
>
>     function get_last_ten_entries()
>     {
>         $query = $this->db->get('entries', 10);
>         return $query->result();
>     }
>
>     function insert_entry()
>     {
>         $this->title   = $_POST['title']; // please read the below note
>         $this->content = $_POST['content'];
>         $this->date    = time();
>
>         $this->db->insert('entries', $this);
>     }
>
>     function update_entry()
>     {
>         $this->title   = $_POST['title'];
>         $this->content = $_POST['content'];
>         $this->date    = time();
>
>         $this->db->update('entries', $this, array('id' => $_POST['id']));
>     }
>
> }
>

> you see pretty clearly that all db stuff is implemented inside the model,
>  and there is no automatic mapping. So you can imagine :
>

> class Blogmodel extends Model {
>
>     var $title   = '';
>     var $content = '';
>     var $date    = '';
>
>     function Blogmodel()
>     {
>         // Call the Model constructor
>         parent::Model();
>     }
>
>     function get_last_ten_entries()
>     {
>         $query =
>  $this->couchdb->limit(10)->descending(true)->getView('blog','by-date');
>  return $query->rows;
>     }
>
>    [...]
> }
>

> Mickael

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350