From Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo.m...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB C API
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:03:36 GMT
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 17:03 +0000, Jürgen Kraus wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo.moya@...> writes:
>

> > On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:18 +0000, Jürgen Kraus wrote:
> > > Guys/gals,
> > >
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_C states that to use this
> > > API, you just have to
> > >
> > > cd /home/user/couchdb/CouchProjects/Libraries/c/src/
> > > make
> > > make install (as root)
> > >
> > > So far, so good, so - what? There is no such thing as 'CouchProjects' [...]
> > not sure what's the status of that project, but last time I looked, it
> > was almost dead. So I'd suggest you use the couchdb-glib library, which
> > is in C also:
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/couchdb-glib
> >
> > latest releases are at
> > http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/couchdb-glib/0.6/
> >
> > it's the best C library for couchdb you can find :)
>
> Rodrigo,
>
> thank you, trying to build right now ;o)
>
> Let's see if can get all dependencies resolved for FreeBSD...

AFAIK FreeBSD should already have ports for all the dependencies, which
are part of GNOME. If not, just get the sources from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/

>  BTW, is there a
> significant difference between 'libsoup-gnome-2.4' and 'libsoup-2.4'?

libsoup-gnome is an extension of libsoup with some GNOME-related things,
like proxy settings from the GNOME control center, etc. So you need both
of them

>  And I
> assume 'uuid' is not really Gnome specific?

no, it's good old libuuid, should be available in FreeBSD