From Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo.m...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB C API
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:36:38 GMT
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:18 +0000, J├╝rgen Kraus wrote:
> Guys/gals,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_C states that to use this
> API, you just have to
>
> cd /home/user/couchdb/CouchProjects/Libraries/c/src/
> make
> make install (as root)
>
> So far, so good, so - what? There is no such thing as 'CouchProjects', not even
> a home directory for the (non-interactive) couchdb account. I'm using 0.11.0
> built from the source tarball on FreeBSD 8.0. Searching the internet for
> anything related to 'CouchProjects' came up with no useful results (same for
> "libcouchdb.h"), and checking older versions of CouchDB (back to
> 0.80.0-incubating) also did not offer any further insight. Is that beast still
> supported at all? Or is the wiki page simply obsolete and I should better not
> even think about pursuing that path any further?

not sure what's the status of that project, but last time I looked, it
was almost dead. So I'd suggest you use the couchdb-glib library, which
is in C also:

https://launchpad.net/couchdb-glib

latest releases are at
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/couchdb-glib/0.6/

it's the best C library for couchdb you can find :)