From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pull replication fails with 404
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:54:29 GMT
Yes, they should be ignored. I thought you were trying to read a
_local document on the "other" replica, and was just confirming that
the doc didn't get replicated (hence the 404).

Re-reading your original message, is it just that you're not %2F
escaping the / in your database name? I'm assuming the db is called
"data/mydb-prod"?

B.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Craig Blake
<craigb@compasspointtech.net> wrote:
> Shouldn't a replication of the database ignore them?  Or is there a step I need to do
to filter those docs out explicitly?

> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> _local documents are not replicated. They're used for tracking things
>> that are local, like replication checkpoints.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Craig Blake
>> <craigb@compasspointtech.net> wrote:
>>> I am trying to do a pull replication from a remote database to a local database
(that was previously pushed to the remote) but it fails with a 404:

>>> "The requested URL /data/mydb-prod/_local/4d0453abc08950ad3ddf643d116b3a08 was
not found on this server."

>>> I haven't found much mention of what "_local" docs are or why one would be expected
that is not there, either on the mailing list or in the Couch book.  I am using 0.11 for
both DB instances.