From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Require login to see any data in a CouchApp?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:34:44 GMT
Howdy,

So, I'm building a CouchApp where I want only logged in users to be
able to see any data. My problem is that if I add a role to the reader
list in the DB security object, the user can't see my login page
(which is just an HTML attachment on my ddoc), since any requests on
that database result in a unauthorized error.

Two workarounds:

1) have an app-layer middle layer (i.e. Sinatra, Node.JS, PHP, etc) to
which I say "boo"

2) have a second database + couchapp (without readers restriction) to
handle the login page, but that sounds like too much hassle

Any better ideas?

Cheers,

Zach

P.S. will release to github soon!