From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: group_level in reduce function
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:31:58 GMT
Yeah, I'd definitely use the _changes feed for this work.

I haven't tried Mikeal Rogers Node.JS-based _changes listener yet, but
it looks pretty cool:
http://www.mikealrogers.com/archives/726

Basically, it looks like you can put _changes handlers into your design doc.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.benel@utt.fr> wrote:
>> Folks who really need to chain map-reduced views have to hand-roll their own solution.
This usually involve some scripting to keep a derived database up-to-date with the output
of the source database's view.

> Hmm. The script would be listening to "_changes", right?
>
> Sorry for the newbie question, but is it possible to store and execute such a custom
script in CouchDB so that it can be deployed as easily as views, lists and shows?