From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cancelling a replication on 0.11.0
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:32:25 GMT
W means "Writer" and MR means "Missing Revs".
These reference two pieces of the replication task and each one checks
in with the main replication task to mark checkpoints.

MR Processed source update #XXX means that up to sequence number XXX
couch has checked and knows whether those revisions are missing and
need to be fetched.

W Processed source update #XXX means that up to sequence number XXX
couch has found and retrieved all missing revisions and written them
to the target database.

Both situations represent some sort of "waiting" state in that they
won't update until the next checkpoint.
If a replication stays in MR it means that either there were no
missing revisions in the last batch (so nothing was fetched and sent
to the writer) or the writer has not finished writing the batch yet
and it will soon be updated to show W.

I understand this is totally impossible to know right now since I
don't think it's documented anywhere. I found this out by reading the
code. Maybe I'll take a moment this weekend to put it in the wiki.

-Randall