From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standalone attachments and content-encoding header
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:40:16 GMT
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:36 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> So we should make sure our public api will accommodate patches to add
> support for deflate and compress. This is more important than actually
> supporting those encodings, for now.

In that case, if nobody is against it, I'll do a patch that:

- removes the ?att_gzip_length=true doc query parameter
- adds the doc query parameter ?att_encoding_info=true
- adds two fields to an attachment stub, only when the doc is queried with
the above parameter, that are "encoding" (currently the value will always be
"gzip") and "encoded_length" (which replaces the "gzip_length" field).

This would imply also adding a new extra field to the record #att named
"encoding" for e.g., or better yet, renaming #att.comp to #att.encoding
(currently with only 2 possible values "identity" and "gzip"), which in turn
implies changing the DB file format :(

Perhaps those 2 attachment stub properties should be always present? Without
needing that doc query parameter "att_encoding_info=true"

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com