From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with large inline attachments with 0.11
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:26:21 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Regardless of the efficiency of term_to_binary, there's really no comparison between
the standalone attachment API streaming bytes almost directly to disk and the inline one buffering
the whole attachment in memory and inflating it by 37% to boot.  Definitely use the standalone
API if at all possible.  Best,

> Adam

About that, it would be good to have an option to attach to a specific
revision of a doc without incrementing it. I know that's the reason
why couchapp use inline attachments. Some complained it increases the
number of revisions when you send a lot of attachments.

What do you think ?

- benoit