From Mike Keen ...@visiture.com>
Subject Re: Relational-esque behavior in CouchDB
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:44:10 GMT
Chris,

It's not a feature of our application. It's a consequence of dealing with the Google AdWords
API.

Thanks anyway,
Mike

On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:55 AM, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 7:41 AM, Mike Keen wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I am managing a database that has hundreds of thousands of documents (so far), all
containing a field called "keyword_id". I am not storing the "keyword_name" inside of each
individual document for several reasons. The biggest reason being that the name could change
at any time, but I don't want old documents to become outdated. I still want them to be associated
with one another.

> I'd suggest, if possible (and I know you already have a bunch of data, so maybe not for
you, but for people coming along on new projects) to store your keywords on your docs and
drop the "feature" that keywords can be renamed at any time.