From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any Javascript example for conenction to the couchDB server
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 06:47:37 GMT

On Mar 2, 2010, at 11:55 AM, Wu,Shaolong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am really at the beginning. I would like to use the couch.js at the client site. Couch.js
defines the CouchDB. But I did not find anything that specify the host information. How do
you specify the server host information?

The most basic answer is that for JavaScript clients, the host will usually be the same as
the host the HTML file was served from. The same-origin rules require it to be this way.

See the source code of Futon for examples of using jquery.couch.js (better than couch.js for
most purposes).

There are lots of examples of using CouchDB from the browser, but the Futon source code is
the easiest to get. See:

http://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/trunk/share/www

Hope this helps,
Chris