From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb for genome data
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:52:18 GMT
Hi,

> I will probably use that strategy to partition my data per experiment.

If you have a logical division (say season or month the data was taken
in) I'd use that - it'll be easier to work out what your databases hold.

> And use an external watcher script like in couchdb-lounge to
> replicate my common design documents in all databases.

I think I'd use CouchApp for that - means you can easily version your
views, too.

> And store summary data and meta data in a separate database so I can
> do easily queries spanning different dbs.

Sounds good. Pulling a view out of all the DB's and into the summary
database is pretty simple to do.
Cheers
Simon