From Craig Blake <cra...@compasspointtech.net>
Subject Re: Pull replication fails with 404
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:23:16 GMT
Sorry, to be clear I am trying to replicate an entire database, but the replication fails with
the error about a missing "_local" doc.  The database name is "mydb-prod" and accessed through
an Apache front-end using ProxyPass (and ReverseProxyPass), where "/data" is the context path
to the CouchDB database root.

The proxying seems to be working fine for accessing documents and views, replication is the
only thing that is not working for me.

Hope that's more clear.

Thanks,
Craig

On Mar 31, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Robert Newson wrote:

> Yes, they should be ignored. I thought you were trying to read a
> _local document on the "other" replica, and was just confirming that
> the doc didn't get replicated (hence the 404).
>
> Re-reading your original message, is it just that you're not %2F
> escaping the / in your database name? I'm assuming the db is called
> "data/mydb-prod"?
>
> B.
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Craig Blake
> <craigb@compasspointtech.net> wrote:
>> Shouldn't a replication of the database ignore them?  Or is there a step I need to
do to filter those docs out explicitly?

>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>> On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>>> _local documents are not replicated. They're used for tracking things
>>> that are local, like replication checkpoints.
>>>
>>> B.

(that was previously pushed to the remote) but it fails with a 404:

expected that is not there, either on the mailing list or in the Couch book.  I am using 0.11
for both DB instances.