From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cancelling a replication on 0.11.0
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:01:23 GMT

On 24 Mar 2010, at 17:20, Germain Maurice wrote:

> Hi, still me with my 0.11.0 couchdb :)
>
> I launched continuous replication between two hosts (more than 8 millions of documents),
it takes long time and i'm ok with that.
> My problem is that i launched another one shot replication between the same databases
as the previous replication.

> So, i looked after a command to cancel the "one shot" replication (via Jira COUCHDB-664),
but it does not work, my command is :

> curl -X POST http://hostA:5984/_replicate -d '{"source":"database","target":"http://hostB:5984/database/","cancel":true}'
>
> Response is : {"error":"not_found"}

Sorry to point out the obvious, but can you double check, that the -d {}-object values are
identical to the ones in the replication you want to cancel?

> How to cancel the task ? I have PID number from the "Status" page on Futon, how to use
it ?

killing with the pid is a bit tricky and requires Erlang-fu. I've spent 15 minutes earlier
today to kill a long running view process and got stuck and then run out of time. That said,
with distributed Erlang and the rpc module, this should be doable.

Cheers
Jan