From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relational-esque behavior in CouchDB
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:55:14 GMT

On Mar 1, 2010, at 7:41 AM, Mike Keen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am managing a database that has hundreds of thousands of documents (so far), all containing
a field called "keyword_id". I am not storing the "keyword_name" inside of each individual
document for several reasons. The biggest reason being that the name could change at any time,
but I don't want old documents to become outdated. I still want them to be associated with
one another.

I'd suggest, if possible (and I know you already have a bunch of data, so maybe not for you,
but for people coming along on new projects) to store your keywords on your docs and drop
the "feature" that keywords can be renamed at any time.

Chris