From Jochen Kempf <jochenke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View Indexing not terminating
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:04:44 GMT
Tim,

I really have no idea what is going on.
I also thought that this couldn't be a permission problem as view indexing
of all other databases works just fine.
However, I added the couchdb user to the root group but still cannot
terminate the view indexing of one particular database without crashing
CouchDB.

The problematic database has 7703 documents and another database with almost
identical info and size indexes fine.
And when replicating the problematic database back to my local CouchDB it
indexes without problems.

What other information can I give you that might help to find the problem?
There is not much debug info available, just the one I already posted.

I noticed that the view indexing succeeds when maintaining the document
number low (I just tried in steps of 1000 docs), thus destroying,
rebuilding, partially replicating the database and then triggering its view
indexing via Futon is a solution....but not viable for a production
application.

Bye,
Jochen