From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: os_process_error, "OS process timed out."
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:35:32 GMT

On Feb 28, 2010, at 7:38 AM, Robert Campbell wrote:

> I did increase the os_process_timeout in the Configurator from 5
> seconds to 20 seconds, but I need to really speed this up. Any
> suggestions or tricks? Perhaps changing the structure of the document?

The os process timeout should have no bearing on plain GET and PUT of large documents. It
is when those documents are serialized and sent to the query server for map reduce, show,
list, etc that the os process is involved.

I'll assume you are reading via a view.

1.2 MB seems large but not that large. If you post your JavaScript view code we can help you
diagnose it.

Chris