From Julian Moritz <>
Subject Installing couchdb 0.11 on Ubuntu does not work
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:21:23 GMT

with your help I've managed to install couchdb 0.10.1 on Ubuntu.

I've downloaded the tar.gz-package, unzipped it and did the same as with
version 0.10.1. not using spidermonkey, but using

./configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-

it worked all well:

You have installed Apache CouchDB, time to relax.

julian@laptop:~/projekte/apache-couchdb-0.11.0$ couchdb -V
couchdb - Apache CouchDB 0.11.0

julian@laptop:~/projekte/apache-couchdb-0.11.0$ sudo couchdb

does nothing. literally. nothing happens.

what's wrong? should I remove the old installation (by hand)? are there
any log-files to look at (not the one in /usr/local/var/log/couchdb)?

Kind Regards

View raw message