From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: RHEL5.1
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:44:09 GMT
j d wrote:

> by the way my epel.repo file looks like:
> --------------------
> [epel]
> name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch
> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearch
> failovermethod=priority
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
>
> [epel-debuginfo]
> name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch - Debug
> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch/debug
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-debug-5&arch=$basearch
> failovermethod=priority
> enabled=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [epel-source]
> name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch - Source
> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/SRPMS
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-source-5&arch=$basearch
> failovermethod=priority
> enabled=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
> gpgcheck=1
> ------------------------

Yeah, fine. I'd just disable [epel-debuginfo] and [epel-source] again,
because you don't need those. But that shouldn't change anything for you
right now.

> (...)
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libicu-devel is needed by package couchdb
>> ]
>>
>> thoughts?

Your yum setup looks a little broken, possibly because your RHN
subscription seems to be expired or something. Which also might explain
why you're still on RHEL 5.1 while 5.4 is the current version.

Nils Breunese.

P.S. I just updated http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_RHEL5
with separate sections for installing a prepackaged CouchDB and
installing from source.