From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: RHEL5.1
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:03:52 GMT
j d wrote:

> Before I spend one more minute of my time, someone please tell me if
> they have successfully built & installed & run couchdb 0.11.X on Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 64-bit yet.  Sorry to be so mad, and I know
> its my inexperience but I am so frustrated. I can not get the latest
> ICU libraries to installed or anything.  damn it damn it damn it.
>
> Frankly I am starting to hate RHEL in general but I have little
> choice.  Would love to try another linux flavor sometime.
>
> will be crying by the end of the day i'm sure....

I haven't tried CouchDB 0.11 yet, but I have installed previous versions
on RHEL 5 just fine. If you enable the EPEL repository [0] you can
install all the dependencies through yum. See
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_RHEL5 for more info. If you
prefer to build ICU, SpiderMonkey and Erlang yourself I'm afraid I can't
help you there, as I have never done that.

Nils Breunese.

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL