From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Validate uniqueness field
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:12:06 GMT
Hi,

> Actually, I was just thinking, and someone else can correct me if I'm
> wrong, but you may be able to do ['email','username'] as the _id.

Even if you can't you can hash/concatenate the two to make a unique
string. You could then store the two fields in the doc (for easy
access in views) and have a validation function to stop people editing
them. We do something similar (though the id is made of run, lumi and
md5(dataset), and we're yet to add the validation function), it works
well for our problem.
Cheers
Simon