From Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <senthilkumar.peelikkampa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang/Couchdb web app needs your support
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:54:10 GMT
Sorry for not elaborating earlier as I had planned for explaining it later
elaborately. But here is the brief description of Tiptex.

Tiptex – follows SaaS model where garment manufacturer can signin and list
their items. Anybody can visit tiptex.com and search for items and buy them.

Items can contain images, video and specific information which will vary
broadly. Couchdb’s schema less model and attachment supports is perfect fit
for this requirement. Everything else is Erlang and Erlang uses gen_server
and hovercraft to talk to couchdb.

Tiptex’s one of the add-on service is payment gateway integration and this
is where “Paypal” comes into picture.

Paypal x developer challenge:
https://www.x.com/community/ppx/devchallenge/lp

More about paypal developer challenge below,
http://blogs.sun.com/startups/entry/take_the_paypal_developer_challenge
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/PayPal-Launches-PayPal-X-Developer-Challenge-580611/
https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2007/08/the-paypal-deve/

Please don’t be panic for phishing attack.
Another way to reach voting page is “https://www.paypal.com/” and click the
“Developers” tab and click the link in the left side of the “Paypal X
developer challenge”

Thanks,
Senthil

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:26 AM, eric casteleijn wrote:
>
>> On 03/01/2010 01:45 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>        Tiptex uses couchdb as it is primary datastore and  it was one of
>>> the idea submitted to "Paypal developer challenge"  and it made into
>>> one of the 55 ideas selected out of 700+.  It is into pre final round
>>> and this round is about community vote. Tiptex needs your vote to get
>>> into final round.  Please vote for tiptex.
>>>
>>> Steps to Vote:
>>>
>>> 1) Click the link

http://na5.brightidea.com/ct/v.bix?c=BE0F57AE-9204-40EA-B175-8550913EF381
>>> 2) Login using paypal userid/password
>>> 2) After the logged in,  you will be able to see the page contains
>>> search field. Please enter "D912" in the search field and click the
>>> link/Vote icon which is located left side of the page to cast the
>>> vote.
>>> 3) If you don't have paypal account please register it, it is free...
>>>
>>> Please reply me back after casting the vote, so that I will update you
>>> later about  the progress.
>>>
>>> Sorry to intrude into your mailbox.
>>
>> I totally trust this is not a phishing attempt (well, almost totally) but
I would suggest not sending people to a random url and asking for their
paypal details, since even if it's legit, it promotes bad habits. I'd advise
everyone not to do this, just on the off chance.

> It redirects to a paypal URL. To be safe I retyped the "paypal.com" part
of the URL (although the unicode look-a-like DNS stuff has been fixed I
thought)

--
Regards,
Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,