From Justin Stanczak <rizen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server Side Language Confusion
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:09:59 GMT
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:51 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@couch.io> wrote:

> The soon to be released CouchDB 0.11 actually has a robust authorization
> and authentication system built-in. Read-access control is on a per-database
> basis, so you may end up using a database-per-user programming model.
> CouchDB has been tested with millions of databases on a single server, no
> problem, so this model is practical and supported.
>

> If I were going to use a middle tier layer I'd use Node.js. Generally
> though a middle tier will just introduce scaling difficulties and muddy the
> waters around security. Node.js (or other languages) still makes a lot of
> sense for backend asynchronous processing, of course.

Node.js? This? I have not used this before. I'll look into it. Are you
saying proxy a server, or use this server side?
* http://nodejs.org/*

> If you are interested in pure-CouchDB applications take a look at the
> CouchApp project [1] or see my blog (itself a pure CouchApp) for posts
> relating to the idea. [2]

Yes I used this. I've created a few example apps following along with the
book. I understand the idea, but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around
opening the database to the world accessing my pages from it. Right there
with all the data. You're saying the 0.11 will cure all those concerns? I'm
sure I'm not the first of last to say that.