From Justin Stanczak <rizen...@gmail.com>
Subject Server Side Language Confusion
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:39:36 GMT
I'm having a little trouble figuring out what to select as the server side
language for accessing CouchDB. I'm new to CouchDB so this paragraph will be
a long list of questions and sentences of how I understand things to this
point in time. Please feel free to correct me and help me better learn. I
like the idea of eliminating all the DB mapping and focus on programming
again, that CouchDB allows you to do. So I guess the first issue is you
don't want your CouchDB exposed to the WWW, so you need a HTTPD to act as a
proxy, via some language. This language would provide the session tracking.
That session tracking would give you user logins and what not. This would
also restrict access to your CouchDB, as I don't see CouchDB has much in the
way of protection when it comes to access control to it's databases. This
leads to the issue of Javascript not being the language of choice for client
side, as you really don't want clients, duh. So now that's where my language
server side question comes from. What's a good option when using CouchDB? I
know everyone has their opinions, but really, if you are using CouchDB as
your back end database what language has been developed the most with
CouchDB? What works the best? Surely there is one that stands out over the
rest? Maybe I'm way off, any input is welcome, thanks.