From j d <dobber1...@gmail.com>
Subject ./bootstrap and/or ./configure not working on Linux
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:51:08 GMT
from an svn checkout of rev 919949 I can run "./bootstrap" and then
"./configure --with-js-include=my/path --with-js-lib=my/lib/path".
However configure complains:

[
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g77 static flag -static works... yes
checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... yes
checking jsapi.h usability... no
checking jsapi.h presence... no
checking for jsapi.h... no
checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
checking for js/jsapi.h... no
]

I am ~sure I've pointed the js paths to the right place.  I haven't
been able to officially install spidermonkey, their build/install
directions aren't working (not sure what I've screwed up).

I've also tried couchdb rev 920001 from svn and HEAD from git but I
find the following:

Executing "./bootstrap" from the couchdb dir returns:

Usage: autoheader [-h] [--help] [-m dir] [--macrodir=dir]
       [-l dir] [--localdir=dir] [--version] [template-file]

Executing "./configure" returns:

./configure: No such file or directory

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do.  Sorry for the
newbie question.

I really need the account/login/roles functionality or I have to
switch to another DB (but I'm really into couchdb).

Thanks!