From "Roessner, Silvester" <silvester.roess...@vision.zeiss.com>
Subject Why is the actual size of a database 4 times larger than the netto payload?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:29:59 GMT
Hi all,

when I store 1000 copies of a pure JSON document (size 245,310 Bytes) in
a freshly created database,
the database itself is 0.9 GB big.

That is almost 4 times bigger than the actual netto payload.

Is this normal?
When I'll move parts of the document in attachments,
will I also see this 4 times increase?

Thanks in advance,

Rosswart
This message is intended for a particular addressee only and
may contain business or company secrets. If you have received
this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving,
publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message
or the contents is not permitted.