From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: force incremental reduce step?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:44:31 GMT
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:32:09PM +0100, wolfgang haefelinger wrote:
> Ok, so what is then recommended "praxis"? How do you *do* it, folks?

In practice, you don't need to insert very many docs into the database to
get re-reduces taking place.  Last time I experimented with this, I think
that even with something small like 5 or 10 docs I was seeing some
re-reduces.

If you put some log() calls into your reduce function you should be able to
see this happening.

If you want a more deterministic approach, you can invoke couchjs within a
test harness which sends reduce and/or rereduce messages and checks the
in the couchdb source distribution.

Regards,

Brian.