From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Replication question
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 05:02:22 GMT
On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:12:06AM +0100, PaweĊ‚ Stawicki wrote:
> Yon need to be admin to create ddocs. So when entering url to

I am doing it locally, so I am logged in.  I just double
checked by explicitly adding name and password to the copy to url
(rather than selecting a local db name) but the computed views still
weren't copied over.

Perhaps I wasn't clear that the design docs *are* being replicated, but the
actual computation of the views are not.  The view is empty and
is waiting to be created...the directory  .copy_design doesn't yet
exist.

I would have thought that since the requirements of the map/reduce
system are that same input equals same output, the views could be just
copied over and merged when databases are replicated

Should I file a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
James Marca

(having trouble with the apache spam filter it seems, this is submit
try #3!)

believed to be clean.