From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Error 500 - badmatch,{error,system_limit}
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:01:35 GMT
Am Dienstag, den 02.03.2010, 08:54 -0800 schrieb J Chris Anderson:

> > ServerError: (500, ('error', '{{badmatch,{error,system_limit}},\n
> >
> [{couch_file,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}'))
> >
> > Anyone can tell me what this error message means?
> >
> > After restart of the Couch things run smoothly again, though i seem
> > have a duplicated entry in the database (same id, though different
> > revisions which is shown in futon). Both of these objects came back
> when
> > calling a view, though one of them fails to be retrieved properly by
> > revision (returns nothing).
> >

> Interesting. Please keep that file around in it's present state if
> possible. We might want to look at it to see how it got that way.
>
> Are there any other factors that could be at play? Full disk?

Disk space was available all the time in that test run. It consists of
two couch DB instance on seperate machines replicating two database to
each other, with constant changes on both nodes (but without changing
the same objects - so no conflicts). From time to time a machine was
taken down for testing and brought online shortly after again. Though
the issue started deep in the night without any manual action.

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]