From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Windows installer 0.10.1
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:24:53 GMT

On 16 Feb 2010, at 23:22, Mark Hammond wrote:

>  What needs to be done before a release can be considered 'official'?  I'm happy to help
do whatever is necessary to get an official 0.11 build for windows.

A release artefact is considered official when it has been voted on by the community.

The code that builds the Windows distribution artefact needs to be in trunk, and ideally integrated
with the Autotools build system. Perhaps it makes sense to be able to run "make distsign"
and have the regular tarball, as well as the Windows installer, placed in the root source
directory. I'm not sure though, do you know of any projects that release UNIX-like tarballs
and Windows installers? How do they do it?