From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Rename a database?
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:42:37 GMT
You could use the replication feature. imported_data is your live database and you create new_imported_database
for the import. Once the import is done you drop the imported_data, create a fresh imported_data
database and replicate new_imported_database to imported_data. Afterwards you can delete new_imported_database.
This does require more storage than renaming the database on the filesystem level, but the
replication method can be done entirely via HTTP.

Nils.
Van: Sean Clark Hess [seanhess@gmail.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 23 februari 2010 20:04
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Rename a database?

I need to import vast amounts of data into a couch database every night. The
company providing us the data does not provide a list of changes, so we need
to regenerate everything from scratch.

I was thinking that it would be nice if I could create a new database in
couch, copy in all the new data, then rename them once it is done. That way
my old data can stay live while the new data is importing.

Is there a way to rename databases? So, I would have an "imported_data"
database, create a "new_imported_database", then delete the old and rename
the new when the import finished.

Any other ideas?