From Rodd Snook <roddsn...@gmail.com>
Subject Any experience with partial replication via _changes?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 23:08:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm a new CouchDB user in the middle of designing a new publishing
sub-system for a web app. One model that I'm considering is to use a kind of
partial replication, by listening to a filter on _changes, pulling out
documents with a "publish" flag on them and pushing them to a Couch instance
backing up the live site.

Is there anyone with experience doing something similar, who can tell me if
this is an effective strategy, or a recipe for headache and disaster? I'd
link to know ahead of time if there's some pitfall that's going to prevent
me from doing this with a manageably small piece of bash/perl/php.

Rodd