From Time Less <timelessn...@gmail.com>
Subject Several newbie CouchDB questions.
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:08:40 GMT
I am looking at CouchDB as a possible database for a future feature in
Firefox. However, I'm having trouble locating a good document for
architecture and to answer questions about (for example) how node failure is
handled. Of course I also have questions about data storage, backups,
recovery, etc.

This writeup seems Quite Good:
http://damienkatz.net/2005/04/couchdb_archite.html but appears to've been
written five years ago. Are all those design decisions still relevent? Were
all those features actually implemented?

At the highest level: Suppose I want to set up a database cluster. Suppose I
want to distribute the data across many nodes (but not all of them, in order
to scale my writes). Do I need Lounge if I want CouchDB to help me solve
this problem? If so, is there a good document about how it deals with node
failure, node additions, node subtractions? Is this a proper forum for
asking questions about Lounge?

Thanks in advance for infos and pointers!

--
timeless(ness)