From Phil Rand <philr...@gmail.com>
Subject Futon alternatives for editing design docs?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:21:54 GMT
Hi all,

I've been playing around with couchdb for a while, but am getting frustrated
with Futon for editing design documents.

I'd like to see:

   - At both the overall JSON level, and also within the double quotes at
   the view function level:
      - editor support for code layout (any reasonable scheme, as long as
      it's consistent)
      - paren, brace, bracket, and quote matching
   - easy save to couchdb as a document update, without losing my edits on
   bad JSON or javascript
   - easy save to local file system

I've been trying relax.el in Aquamacs emacs, which is very nice work, but
doesn't address the above.

Maybe separate files for the view code, and a script to put together the
JSON doc and update it to CouchDB?

What are others using?

--
Phil Rand