From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Rename a database?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:41:48 GMT
Michael J. I. Jackson wrote:

> Seems I read something somewhere about HTTP MOVE (WebDav extension?) being
> supported in a former incarnation.

And it being removed, because it is not an atomic operation, which
yields problems when working with replication and distributed setups.
There was a thread about this on this list three days ago. Sadly the
mailinglist archives doesn't provide permalinks as far as I can see, but
you should be able to find this thread when starting from
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201002.mbox/browser
(subject 'HTTP MOVE', started on February 21).

Nils.