From Rui Ferreira <rui.ferre...@mog-technologies.com>
Subject Replication on Windows with remote database
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:18:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying out CouchDB on Windows and I'm particularly interested in the
replication feature. I'm running CouchDB version 0.10.0 (installed it
via the Windows binary installer).

I've successfully performed replication between two databases running in
the same daemon.

However, I was not able to do it with databases in different daemons
(i.e., replication between a local database and a remote database). I
tried using host names (localhost, my_server) and IP addresses
(127.0.0.1, my_IP_address) and tried running the daemons in the same
machine and in different machines. None worked! The bind addresses in my
local.ini files are 0.0.0.0, also. I always get the same error:
"{db_not_found,<<"http://127.0.0.1:5001/master/">>},".

I googled it, searched the mailing list and the tracking system, but
haven't found an answer. I don't know if this is a Windows only problem,
but has anyone solved it?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rui Ferreira.