From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: parametrized view generation
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:30:33 GMT
Hi madhav,

Typically, you create a view where the key is the data you want to
filter on, and the value is the data you want to retrieve.

eg: If you have a big db of people, and you want to be able to look up
people by their phone number, and will want to display at least their names:

map = function(doc) { emit(doc.phone, doc.name); }

To find the name of a person who has the phone number 12345678, send a
request to:
http://localhost:5984/dbpeople/_design/dbpeople/_view/by_phone_number?key=12345678

If you want to see more than just their name:
http://localhost:5984/dbpeople/_design/dbpeople/_view/by_phone_number?key=12345678&include_docs=true
(the include_docs parameter will include the entire document in the
returned data.)