From Louis Gerbarg <>
Subject Re: HTTP Move
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:51:55 GMT
It is not. The fundamental issue is that actions like GET, PUT, and DELETE
can be handled atomically, whereas MOVE cannot (since it deals with multiple
documents). It was supported at one point (see <>), but was removed when
people started doing serious work with replication and distributed nodes
since it couldn't be made to work correctly in many common cases (though if
you go back through the mailing list there was some heated discussion about
that at the time about ways to handle that).

The info on the wiki made sense back when 0.9 came out since it impacted
some users, but it has been a long time, and at this point I suspect having
any mention of it on the page is more confusing than useful.