From Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <senthilkumar.peelikkampa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: two view questions: group=true, inverted indices
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:41:33 GMT
I recently asked Mark one of the erlang CMS creator, why can't they
use couchdb, he said he is  considering it but sitting on the fence as
couch doesn't have native erlang interface. I may be wrong but focus
on such an interface is not there from my perspective. I also aware of
few threads in this forum looking for native interface and pure erlang
based FTI (reason behind this is either their system does't use Java
or complexity of setting up and configuring and backing up/restoring)
is not seemless and fluid as couchdb. There are other reason too.
If one the committers start the foundation work, people like me jump
in as and when time permits  and contribute. I also aware of davisp
has something about FTI
(http://www.davispj.com/2008/09/25/introducing-efti.html) but I was
not able to locate that in github. Joe Armstrong has foundation code
(indexer, porter stemmer etc) in his github repository. So we have
pieces of code available and need to integrate it with couchdb in
coudhdb way. Thats why I was telling committer's commitment to FTI.

--
Regards,
Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,