From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jQuery plugins for CouchDB
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:54:52 GMT

On Feb 15, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Hay (Husky) wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> for a website we're currently building i'm experimenting with jQuery
> to get CouchDB results from a server. I've been looking into jQuery
> plugins to make everything a little easier, but after doing some
> research i haven't come up with much, so i hope maybe someone on this
> list could get me a little further.
>
> One plugin i've found is called jqCouch, but the last release is from
> 2007, so i guess that's pretty ancient in CouchDB terms. I guess JSONP
> support (which is essential for the site i'm building) is not in
> there.
>
> The other plugin is the 'official' one shipped with the tarball for
> the view frontend (jquery.couch.js). I get the feeling that the plugin
> is only written for the view backend, because it doesn't have any
> documentation and it also seems to lack JSONP support and setting
> another server than 'localhost'. Of course, i could hack the
> jquery.couch.js plugin to add support for both, but i'm hoping that
> there's another, easier solution.

The official jquery.couch.js is actively maintained and plugs into a lot of existing code.
I highly recommend you use it if at all possible. Patches for JSONP would be welcome if you
can do it in a clean way.

You will probably be happier hosting your HTML as attachments to CouchDB documents, and then
using the jquery.couch.js code from there -- then you don't have to worry about cross site
requests.

Chris