From Karel Minařík <karel.mina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Measuring duration of view index building
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:27:43 GMT
Hi Roger,

>> Of course, the best thing in my case would be, if couch itself
>> would log
>> something like "start/end building index for _design/mydoc" -- but as
>> far as I know, there's no way to do that?
> Look in the log file.

apologies, I am severely behind my inbox. I am stupid enough to
oversee the log entries for view indices building. But, how'd you
relatively easily parse that? If there isn't something a la "Starting
building XXX", it's rather cumbersome to work with? I guess `time
curl ...` is still my friend.

> Do a GET against /_active_tasks which will tell you if view indexing
> is
> running as well as progress.

And I am stupid enough to oversee that, and the nice GUI in Futon,
thanks!!

Karel