From Sean Clark Hess <>
Subject startKey doesn't work on _all_docs?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:31:43 GMT
Hi, I need to run through every record in a database, and I want to do it in
chunks so ruby doesn't collapse and die when it runs out of memory.

As far as I know, to page data, you're supposed to send a query a "limit"
and "startKey" parameter, correct? It doesn't seem to work with _all_docs.
Does it only work with a view?

The above always returns all the documents.

This above will return the first 5 docs in the database, instead of starting
at 008.