From Manuel de la Peña <eti...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk update as a single transaction, possible?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:17:45 GMT
Hello *,

I have been working with couchdb (through python) for Ia while and I was
wondering if you could give me a hand with a small problem I'm having. In my
couchdb python application I'd like to be able to perform a bulk operation
in which more than one document is either updated or added to the database.
Currently the python binding does provide a way to perform a bulk update but
this update it is not understood as a single "transaction"
because, although it uses a single request, the changes are
not sequential in the _changes feed and updates and commits are individual,
that is, if there is an error there rest of the documents are not rolled
back. My question is the following:

Does couchdb have such a feature that the python bindings is taking
advantage of?

I do not mind faking the transaction idea from my client code, but I fear
that other applications/parts of the code might work with a document
interval between receiving the result of the bulk update and the rool back
of the operation. Any help would be appreciated.

Kr,

Manuel