From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unnecessary database reindexing on server restart.
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:18:29 GMT
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Metin Akat <akat.metin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> We needed to restart our server (the physical machine) and surprise,
> CouchDb "decided" it needs to re-index all its views.
> We haven't changed anything in the views, nor the data. The reason for
> this re-indexing is mystery to us.

Are the old index files still around? I'm assuming you are running
0.10. If you are, I'm interested to know if the old index files are
still in your view data directory.

The only thing I can think of is that the hash function itself
changed. Did you do anything on the box like upgrade OpenSSL or
Erlang, which maybe wasn't picked up until the reboot?

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net