From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial couchdb accounts feedback
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:37:10 GMT
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM, cinnebar <ccinnebar@gmail.com> wrote:

>> you can override the db name by setting
>>
>> [couch_httpd_auth]
>> authentication_db = usr
>>
>> in your local.ini
>>

> this is good :)
>

>> overriding "roles" would involve a nasty code change. I don't think
>> it's worth it.
>>

> hmm...not so good...it breaks an important pattern for us
>

> right now the only documents allowed are of type "user". I originally
>> had it set to be more open, but I think it's better to treat this db
>> more strictly.
>>

> it seems to be an unneccessy property then?

Nope. The deal is we have a strict validation function that validates
user docs. we also check to make sure a doc is a user doc when you log
in. putting the type on there means it's something about the doc we
check (not where we found the doc) that proves it's valid. This means
in the long run we can add more stuff to this db.

If I was gonna name the db from scratch I might name it "auth".

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net