From Dave Ray <dave...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing Couch on a machine with no internet and other issues
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:51:18 GMT
Hi. I'm in the situation where I'm going to be installing CouchDB on a
machine (RedHat Enterprise Linux)  with a couple limitations.

First, it has no internet access. I can bring software to it on CD or
DVD (after a thorough security process), but can't install anything
through a mechanism that requires internet access.
Second, it has very little installed on it, in particular no gcc, so
building from source would be difficult.

I'm by no means an expert on Linux package management systems so I'm
looking for suggestions for easily getting a pre-built (with all
required dependencies) CouchDB onto this machine. I have successfully
set up Couch on a very similar machine, but in that case, had internet
access so I could install gcc, Erlang, etc and then build Couch from
source.

For what it's worth, I do have root access on this machine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave